給你一對英語的翅膀-好用的美國俚語

1. I'm a little edgy. edgy的意思是緊張,不耐煩。

She's been a bit edgy lately, waiting for a job offer. 她最近有些焦躁,因爲在等一個工作通知。

2. I'm at a loss for words,用來表達一時找不到字來說。(經常是處於驚訝狀態用語

I'm at a loss for words. I really don't know how else I can explain. 我完全不知道該怎麼解釋原因

3. keep my edge = stay sharp意思是某人保持最好的狀態。

I have to speak English every day just in order to keep my edge. 爲了我英語一直好下去,我每天都練習口語

相反的,lose your edge 意思是不在狀態、狀態不好。

4. be maxed out: 累壞了

"max"是「極限」的意思。用"maxed out" 來表示一個人累慘了很傳神!

A: I'm working 60 hours this week. I'm totally maxed out. 我這星期工作60個小時。我真是完全累壞了。

B: 60 hours? I'd be dead if I worked this hard. 60個小時? 我要是工作這麼多,我一定會死了。

5. What are you up to? 最近在忙什麼?

A: I haven't seen you around lately. What are you up to? 最近沒見到你。在忙什麼呢?

B: I'm working two jobs right now. It's killing me. 我現在做2份工作。很累很累!